25th European PairGo Championships
Croatian Go Alliance is the organizer of 25th European PairGo Championships 2024. The tournament will be played in the Congress Hall of Akademis Academia Hotel in Dubrovnik from April 19-21, 2024. Since the old town of Dubrovnik is worldwide known as the most beautiful example of stone walls and buildings, this go tournament will be promoted under the title “Game of Stones in Dubrovnik 2024“.
Registration form (please prepare EGD PINs for both players): Registration Form
The list of registered pairs: List of registered pairs
The top game of each round will be broadcast on the IZIS go server.
- Tournament announcement in English: coming soon
RULES: It will be a McMahon tournament with 5 rounds, Japanese rules, komi 6.5, time setting: 30 minutes + 20 seconds Fischer increment.
Friday, April 19
10:00 Round 1
14:30 Round 2
Saturday, April 20
10:00 Round 3
Sunday, May 21
10:00 Round 4
14:30 Round 5
17:00 Prize Giving
- 20 EUR per player for pairs registered before March 19th 2024
- +10 EUR per player for pairs registered after March 19th 2024
- 1st: 300 EUR (per pair) + trophy (per player)
- 2nd: 200 EUR (per pair) + trophy (per player)
- 3rd: 100 EUR (per pair) + trophy (per player
- The winner gets an invitation for the World Amateur PairGo Championships in Tokyo in December 2024.
- The best pair from each country gets PairGo points according to the rules of European Go Federation.
Accommodation: Price for one person per night in a double room: 35,00 EUR (with breakfast, without touristic tax), halfboard (dinner included): 48,00 EUR. The prices include the special discount for the event – please do not reserve accommodation directly.
Venue: Dubrovnik is a city in southern Dalmatia, Croatia, by the Adriatic Sea. It is one of the most prominent tourist destinations in the Mediterranean. Its total population is 41,562 (2021 census). In 1979, the city of Dubrovnik was added to the UNESCO list of World Heritage Sites in recognition of its outstanding medieval architecture and fortified old town.